[Mailman-Developers] run_queue bug

The Dragon De Monsyne dragondm@delta.integral.org
Sun, 9 Aug 1998 01:59:58 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 7 Aug 1998, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

>     S> I don't know all the specifics of why this is happening (seems
>     S> like some system librarires do a seek while coercing a socket
>     S> struct to a FILE *?), but the following patch takes use of
>     S> .makefile() out of smtplib.py and fixes the problem.
>
> It would be interesting to know if Python 1.5.2's smtplib.py suffers
> the same fate in it's getreply() method?  One of the things on my
> to-do list is to convert to using the standard smtplib.py module that
> Dragon's done a lot of work on, rather than our hacked up version.
> It also does a makefile(), but in a different place.
>
> Could this be another Linux-ism that's biting us?  Dragon?

	Hm.... Not from what I've seen. The Python smtplib was
developed on a linux box, and I've been using it with an earlier
version of mailman on the same linux box for 8 months now & I haven't seen
this one. It seems fine both on the rather mongrel linux system I use for
development, and on my Debian box.

	-The Dragon De Monsyne