List entry indexing

Robin Friedrich friedrich@pythonpros.com
Thu, 26 Feb 1998 16:23:40 -0600

In a prior round of email, Ken mentioned that we would need to key the
mail list entries to something other than the person's actual email
address in order to implement the flexible user information editing
capability of the web (changing one's sendto address, etc.). I agree
that this is needed, sooner or later. Since I haven't seen the code yet,
how difficult is it to just make a unique key for each subscriber and
key the database off that with address as just one value?

I hope I'm not using this list too soon.

--
Robin K. Friedrich     Houston, Texas
  Python Professional Services, Inc.