[Mailman-developers] List entry indexing

Ken Manheimer klm@python.org
Thu, 26 Feb 1998 18:08:32 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 26 Feb 1998, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

> I haven't looked at the code either, but you could default to using
> the mailbox as the name key to start with, and then just append unique
> numbers to this if there are duplicates.  I wonder if there should be
> some way that a user can change keys, or specify different defaults,
> say if their mailbox is Some.Really.Long.Name@mean.com.

Continuing monotonically from my prior rant (:-), i'd further say that
it strikes me that "duplicate" mailboxes should be considered identical
- like "duplicate"  user ids on a single host system.

Ken