[Mailman-Developers] big problems

Ken Manheimer klm@python.org
Tue, 14 Jul 1998 00:29:18 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 12 Jul 1998, Gergely Madarasz wrote:

> Two of my lists arent working. The error log says:
>
> Jul 12 16:22:30 1998 post: Traceback (innermost last):
> post:   File "/var/lib/mailman/scripts/mailowner", line 40, in ?
> post:      current_list = maillist.MailList(sys.argv[1])
> post:   File "/var/lib/mailman/Mailman/maillist.py", line 64, in __init__
> post:      self.Load()
> post:   File "/var/lib/mailman/Mailman/maillist.py", line 554, in Load
> post:      raise mm_cfg.MMBadListError, 'Failed to unmarshal config info'
> post: AttributeError :  MMBadListError
>
> What could have caused this and how do I fix it ?

Sounds like the config.db for the lists somehow got corrupted.  I
haven't seen this happen to any of the python.org or other lists i run
(mostly 1.0b4, some with the current development code).  Did you find
any prior errors in the error log?  Any abnormal incidents on the host
leading up to it??

If you'd like, you could send me a (mime-attached or uuencoded tar
archive) copy of the config.db files for each of the lists, and i can
see if there's anything i can glean, and salvalge, from them...

Ken Manheimer		  klm@python.org	    703 620-8990 x268
	    (orporation for National Research |nitiatives

	# If you appreciate Python, consider joining the PSA! #
		  # <http://www.python.org/psa/>. #