[Mailman-Developers] URGENT!!!! security problems

Ken Manheimer klm@python.org
Fri, 24 Jul 1998 18:41:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 23 Jul 1998, John Viega wrote:

> Actually, that's a known issue.  Security stuff is on our todo list,
> but not much thought has gone into it yet.  I hadn't actually put too
> high a priority on it at this point, since you only need to trust list
> administrators.  It was certainly expected to be done before beta.
> However, if you want it in sooner, we can move it up.  Or, for an even
> quicker solution, you or someone else could submit patches to either
> b4, or b5, which will come out perhaps today or tomorrow, but if not,
> on Monday for sure.  It depends on how much time I have to do
> testing...

As i mentioned in my prior message, this has been addressed in the
working copy, so we're no longer interested in other patches for it. (We
will be interested in exercise of the fixes, of course, once they're
released...)

Ken
klm@python.org