[Mailman-Developers] an opinion about using port 25

Gergely Madarasz gorgo@caesar.elte.hu
Mon, 27 Jul 1998 04:09:47 +0200 (METDST)

On Sun, 26 Jul 1998, John Viega wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 25, 1998 at 12:59:24AM +0200, Gergely Madarasz wrote:
> >
> > As I said in one of my previous postings... sendmail can be called from
> > the command line to talk SMTP just like as connected to port 25
> > (sendmail -bs). I expect most other MTA's have the same features, with
> > perhaps a bit different command line.
>
> That's definitely not the case for a few MTA's, and it's definitely
> not something I would want to count on even if it were.

Don't count on it, just make it an option :) I'd use it here and now.
Unfortunatelly I'm just a beginner in python...

--
Madarasz Gergely           gorgo@caesar.elte.hu         gorgo@linux.rulez.org
              HuLUG: http://www.cab.u-szeged.hu/local/linux/