[Mailman-Developers] Feature suggestion: NNTP gateway

Andrew Kuchling akuchlin@cnri.reston.va.us
Mon, 1 Jun 1998 09:19:57 -0400 (EDT)

Michael McLay and I were discussed Mailman recently, and he suggested
that Mailman could be used to run python-list.  I pointed out that the
news-to-mail gateway is the most important part of that, and Michael
suggested adding it to Mailman as an option.

So I guess the suggestion is: an optional component that can be
configured with an NNTP server hostname and a group name, and will
 then mirror the traffic on both; messages posted to the group get
sent out via e-mail, and e-mail messages get posted.

--
A.M. Kuchling			http://starship.skyport.net/crew/amk/
There are great numbers of people to whom the act of reading a book -- any