[Mailman-Developers] News->Mail gateways

John Viega viega@list.org
Wed, 3 Jun 1998 15:35:04 -0700

The new release includes both Mail->News gatewaying and News->Mail
gatewaying.  The latter uses a polling strategy.  If you have direct
access to your nntp server, it would be possible not to have to poll.
In fact, it would be fairly easy.  Unfortunately, I don't have that
sort of access available.  If anyone is interested in getting
non-polling gatewaying working, please contact me, I'm interested in
writing the necessary code, I just need someone who can test it, etc.

John