[Mailman-Developers] News->Mail gateways

Michael McLay mclay@nist.gov
Thu, 4 Jun 1998 17:15:26 -0400 (EDT)

Barry A. Warsaw writes:

 >     MM> I tried changing the compiler form gcc to gcc and reran make
 > --------------------------------------------------^^^
 > you meant to say "to the bundled SunOS cc"?

Opps, yes I did mean cc.

 > If so, note that that's a non-ANSI compiler and so old that I can't
 > imagine we'd want to support it.

Fine with me.  I think we need to get rid of this old hardware anyway
and if you refuse to support K&R then it actually helps my case.

 > The gcc 2.7.2 bug is valid though.  I *think* I've got an old gcc
 > laying around I can try.

Yea, I know this is out of date too.  It probably isn't even installed
properly.  Time to fire off a message to our system administrator.

In the mean time...  I need a fix to get this working with what I
have.