[Mailman-Developers] file permissions

John Viega viega@list.org
Sat, 6 Jun 1998 05:56:29 -0700

On Fri, Jun 05, 1998 at 12:32:32PM -0400, Michael McLay wrote:
> This change should also reduce the script execution time slightly
> because the longer script will be compiled to a .pyc file.  I would
> like to wrap all the other file in the $prefix/scripts/ in the same
> manner. Once this is done the common.c program can be modified to
> insert the PREFIX directory into the path rather than the MODULEDIR.
> This will eliminate the need for the paths module in each of the
> scripts and it would eliminate the need for the following lines in my
> new wrapper script:

One thing I'm thinking is that setenv() has portability problems, and
it may be better not to use it at all.

> John, what do you think of removing the mm_ prefix from the module
> names?  It's not really needed now that everything is pushed into the
> Mailman package.

I think it's fine for the prefix to go away, although I would probably
either like to see the files that are used as mixins to retain a
prefix, or see a better directory structure, especially since now
there are going to be all of these CGI scripts in the package, too:
there will be a lot of files in one directory, and it won't be easy to
figure out what groups with what.

John