[Mailman-Developers] smtplib buglet in 1.0b4

The Dragon De Monsyne dragondm@nexus.Integral.org
Thu, 11 Jun 1998 22:05:39 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 11 Jun 1998, Scott wrote:

> Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 19:35:25 -0400
> From: Scott <scott@chronis.pobox.com>
> To: mailman-developers@python.org
> Subject: [Mailman-Developers] smtplib buglet in 1.0b4
>

> the smtplib module in mailman 1.0b4 doesn't quite use strict rfc
> complient smtp syntax.   Vmailer is strict about it, and other mailers
> may be as well.  I changed smtplib.py so it sends "MAIL FROM:
> <address>" and "RCPT TO: <address>" instead of "MAIL FROM: address"
> and "RCPT TO: address".

	Hmm.... Actually, I'm pretty sure that not having the <>'s on the
address is perfectly fine according to the RFC's, as long as you don't
have any comments in the address. Are you sure this isn't a glitch w/
Vmailer?

	PS, is there any specific reason that MailMan keeps using it's own
smtplib, rather than the one that is part of the Python 1.5.1 standard
library?

	-The Dragon De Monsyne