[Mailman-developers] Help please.

Ken Manheimer klm@python.org
Tue, 24 Mar 1998 11:45:47 -0500 (EST)

--------------88426F57815991BF7BDCDA7F

On Tue, 24 Mar 1998, W T Hewitt wrote:

> I got the latest versions of mailman from ftp.python.org:
>
> klm.p1
> mailman-1.0b1.tar.gz
>
> unpacked. When I tried to apply the patches I gave a significant number
> of rejects!!

The patches should apply with no problems if you run the patch from the
same directory where you untarred the mailman package - ie, in the
directory where the single 'mailman' dir was created.

> Would somebody please email me the latest version, or email where it is,
> or perhaps,
> let me know the trick to doing the patches....

I've got lots of developments to package, but it'll be a week or two
before i make them available.  (One reason is that i want to create at
least more elaborate 'help' style descriptions for each of the admin
options, to make up a bit for the lack of documentation, and also i've
departed from the old internal version of pipermail, in favor of a
coordination with a newer version pipermail that andrew has developed,
so we need to make both packages available...)

Ken

--------------88426F57815991BF7BDCDA7F

<HTML>
I&nbsp;got the latest versions of mailman from ftp.python.org:

<P>klm.p1
<BR>mailman-1.0b1.tar.gz

<P>unpacked. When I&nbsp;tried to apply the patches I&nbsp;gave a significant
number of rejects!!

<P>Would somebody please email me the latest version, or email where it
is, or perhaps,
<BR>let me know the trick to doing the patches....
<BR>&nbsp;
<BR>&nbsp;
<PRE>--&nbsp;
Best wishes

Terry

W T Hewitt&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Telephone: +44 161 275 6095
Manchester Visualization Centre&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Fax: +44 161 275 6800
Manchester Computing&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Electronic mail: w.t.hewitt@mcc.ac.uk
University of Manchester&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <A HREF="http://www.man.ac.uk/MVC">http://www.man.ac.uk/MVC</A>
Manchester M13 9PL
United Kingdom

(formerly the Computer Graphics Unit)</PRE>
&nbsp;</HTML>

--------------88426F57815991BF7BDCDA7F--