[Mailman-Developers] Cookies

John Viega viega@list.org
Sat, 30 May 1998 13:28:29 -0700

On Sat, May 30, 1998 at 02:23:02PM -0400, Scott wrote:

> | I'd like to not be implicitly logged in if
> | someone else starts up my browser.  Also, I've seen some sites that
> | log people off automatically after 15 mins of inactivity on that site.
> | Do you think that's a good idea?
>
> The cookies will not allow anyone to submit changes after the timeout
> period (defaulting to 20 minutes).  I'm not sure how to portably force
> people to be logged off in any other way.

Well, what I'm talking about is the same thing, but if you press
"submit" after the cookie runs out, you'll get an error message
saying, "we've already logged you out due to inactivity", instead of
just giving the login screen.

Also, I noticed that it looks like the edithtml pages don't share the
same cookie (and, in fact, aren't using cookies at all at the moment...)

John