[Mailman-Developers] mailman's own archives

Ken Manheimer klm@python.org
Sat, 7 Nov 1998 12:13:19 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 7 Nov 1998, Darren Henderson wrote:

> Mailman's archives at python.org appear to have stopped on 11/2. Something
> to do with the switch to the new version?

Yes!  I installed to a different location, and once i was satisfied it
was working i decoupled the dynamic stuff (list dbs, archives, locks,
etc) - neglecting to consider that the external pipermail archiver we're
still using was still looking at the old place.  For now i'm using a
symlink to keep the external pipermail happy - if i'm right, the
archives should catch up the next time the job is run.

(When i return from the conference i'll use whatever mechanisms we have
- or will have, i'm not sure myself - for processing accumulations in
preexisting mbox files.  Since scott and john will be around during the
conference, one of them will probably speak to these issues...)

Ken