[Mailman-Developers] b6 in and working...except archive access :(

Corbett J. Klempay cklempay@acm.jhu.edu
Sat, 7 Nov 1998 21:18:47 -0500 (EST)

Hey all..I just got b6 in, and after some finangling with the cgi-gid (for
some reason, I have to tell it the number 99 instead of the word
nobody (a look in /etc/group confirms that nobody == 99)..not sure what
the story is with that, but it works now, so I'm not too worried)

Anyway, everything seems to be working fine...except accessing the
archives.  I was upgrading from b5, so I ran 'make update' and it
converted everything all fine and dandy.  When I try to link to a list's
archives (public archives; don't have any private ones set up), I get

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /pipermail/tm on this server.

I was sure to add the ScriptAlias line to Apache's srm.conf file, so
that's there.  The permissions on the /home/mailman/archives/ dirs look
like:

[root@chimera archives]# ls -l
total 2
drwxrws--x  10 root     mailman      1024 Nov  7 20:06 private
drwxrwsr-x   2 root     mailman      1024 Nov  7 20:06 public
[root@chimera archives]#

Any ideas?  Other than this, all seems kosher!

Corbett J. Klempay			         Quote of the Week:
http://www2.acm.jhu.edu/~cklempay  "Conscience is the inner voice that
				    warns up that someone may be looking."

PGP Fingerprint: 7DA2 DB6E 7F5E 8973 A8E7  347B 2429 7728 76C2 BEA1