[Mailman-Developers] mime decoded mail in the archieves?

Peter Gervai grin@tolna.net
Fri, 13 Nov 1998 21:30:07 +0100

The new beta is fantastic, I mean, hey, it works even for me! :-))

Archieving is pretty, but I realized that it does not handle the
MIME-encoded accented letters at all (or, at least, not when converting them
from the old archives). Since half of the users is not able to use a decent
mail software they don't use iso8859-2 but mime-encodeded iso8859-1:

Text looks like: "jelen=E9s=E9nek feladatait szervezi, ir=E1ny=EDtja"

I - in my infinite lameness - suspect that writing a mime decoder wouldn't
be impossible. Could it be _simply_ done? It could be one step closer to
i18n but I don't know how much demand is there for that.... (Probably
national language archives should face the same problem?)

cya,
grin