[Mailman-Developers] accents in 'terse listname' and debug question

Peter Gervai grin@tolna.net
Fri, 13 Nov 1998 23:32:23 +0100

Sorry, it's me again :)

1) Something weird happens when I enter accented characters into
some fields, and re-edit them some times. Like I entered accents
at the 'terse list description' and after 2-3 edit (I didn't watch)
accents became \\236 and like... something to fix...?

2) I still don't know Python deep enough to decide whether this is
possible, but it would be really nice that when the program
panics with error, it would check the last line for variables
and would dump their values as well. If it's an interpreted
language it could possibly be done, and would really help
to see what happened. (This occured to me when I looked with a
dumb face at the message "Assertion error", being unable to
decide what happened because didn't know the contents of the
variables.)

As always, these are just ideas to consider or discard, and
no way demands. :)

bye,
grin