[Mailman-Developers] my patches are availabe via www

Scott scott@chronis.pobox.com
Fri, 9 Oct 1998 18:56:31 -0400

I've integrated 3 of the 4 required patches with the mailman
distribution, but i've gotten a little stumped with the cmdhandler
patch.

in MailList.__init__, I had to put InitTempVars before
MailCmdHandler.__init__(self) (the patch for MailList.py failed for
some reason, it may have been changes to the source i was applying it
to though).

in the MailCommandHandler module, I had to add a "cmdmode = 0" near the
top of ParseMailCommand because it wasn't defined and was throwing a
NameError if you sent it a plain "help" command. same sort of thing
happened with the definition of the "txt" variable when sending a
plain "help" command.

in addition, I had to substitute
.GetAbsoluteScriptURL(mm_cfg.{CGI_LISTINFO,CGI_ADMIN}) with
GetAbsoluteScriptURL("listinfo") or GetAbsoluteScriptURL("admin").

where did you add mm_cfg.CGI_LISTINFO and why?

do you think we could come up with anything to prettify the output of
the "edit all" command -- and perhaps add comments to each variable it
spits out? could we maybe replace the "setattr <attr> <value>" command
syntax with:

#
# <attr> <help text that appears in the cgi
#
<attr> = <value>

scott