[Mailman-Developers] observation from a bystander :) [long and boring]

Peter Gervai grin@tolna.net
Sat, 31 Oct 1998 00:02:21 +0100

Hello,

We personally exchanged some mail with Tomas and I think
we agreed that my mail was maybe too harsh for the situation,
so I apologize if anyone got offended.

It contained some questions still waiting to be answered, though :-))

(And maybe some ideas to be refined, especially the original on
mailman-users.)

best wishes,
grin

On Fri, Oct 30, 1998 at 01:39:22PM -0800, John Viega wrote:

> I want to thank Peter for this post.  I personally try to get to
> Mailman stuff a couple times a week, but in the interests of time
> management, I generally don't respond to very much absolutely
> immediately.  Some weeks it's worse than others, and I think it's just
> been a bad one for most of us :)
>
> John
>
> On Wed, Oct 28, 1998 at 06:34:05PM +0100, Tomas Fasth wrote:
> > Peter,
> > as a bystander myself I can certainly understand your frustration and have
> > sometimes found myself in similar situations. But I also think you might
> > have to lower your expectations on other people's urge to please you.
> >
> > Here's some basic guidelines  when dealing with free software:
[...]

   Peter "grin" Gervai     | "It  was  like  a visit  by  Don Corleone. I
Linux root at Cory-Net Ltd.|expected to find a bloody computer monitor in
   Szekszard, Hungary      |my bed the next day."  --  Mark Andreessen of
 grin@iRCnet on #linux.hu  |Netscape regarding  the visit from microsoft.