[Mailman-Developers] Localization of mailman

Dan Ohnesorg, admin of POWER Dan@feld.cvut.cz
Tue, 1 Sep 1998 14:15:44 +0200

I have made Czech translations of "templates" directory. But I
have some problems, which I will consult with You.

First of them is, that Czech uses ISO-8859-2 character set. It is
not problem with www, becouse my server automaticaly recodes
documets in clients character set. But in mail message I need
append header

Currently used method of message generation doesn't allow
header modification. There are two posibilities, include some
headers to append, configurable in Defaults.py, or make templates
including headers and change other function. In Bounce.py is
hardcoded header with US-ASCII character set, it is unusable.

I can made both and submit patch, but I will know, what You will
prefer.

Second problem. I think it will be nice, to switch language versions
in responses by detecting top level domain in user adress, how
will You find this?

I am interested in any sugestions.

cheers
dan

P.S.: For Ken, You are interested in my Delivery status notification
patch. I have made new version which works with "The Dragon
De Monsyne" <dragondm@delta.integral.org> stadard smtplib
patch. I am currently testing ob it works fine. I will submit the patch
in end of this week.

DDDDDD
DD   DD                Dan Ohnesorg, supervisor on POWER
DD  OOOO               Dan@feld.cvut.cz
DD OODDOO              Dep. of Power Engineering
DDDDDD OO              CTU FEL Prague, Bohemia
   OO  OO              work: +420 2 24352785;+420 2 24972109
    OOOO               home: +420 311 679679;+420 311 679311
Zeme je placata, deti nosi cap,
a windows 95 jsou stabilni operacni system.