[Mailman-Developers] Possible re-design for the cause of internationalization

Dan Ohnesorg, admin of POWER Dan@feld.cvut.cz
Fri, 4 Sep 1998 23:54:52 +0200

On 4 Sep 98, at 11:40, Ken Manheimer wrote:

> I would say that there is interest in general for localization, and in
> fact we had started to think about that independently of your efforts.
> But i should stress "started" - i'd say we're currently in an early
> stage of mailman's release to the world, and concentrating as much as we
> can on getting a stable release with the current feature set.

I am also interested in localization too. I thik, it is OK to made stable
version, but it is not so big change. I think it will be possible to
made next version after this with localization support. The
templates are very good start and next what we need is some
function like
def get_localized(text)
 return text

We can suply this function on all positions and after this we can
think about realization of this function. Standart distribution can
have this function and our localized can have some other.

I will post patches, where will be solved header problems of
templates, but it is difficult, becouse when they will be included in
further version, they can be unusable, becouse the source code
can be another.

cheers
dan

DDDDDD
DD   DD                Dan Ohnesorg, supervisor on POWER
DD  OOOO               Dan@feld.cvut.cz
DD OODDOO              Dep. of Power Engineering
DDDDDD OO              CTU FEL Prague, Bohemia
   OO  OO              work: +420 2 24352785;+420 2 24972109
    OOOO               home: +420 311 679679;+420 311 679311
Pokrok je realizace utopii.