[Mailman-Developers] Envelope sender and list-admin address

Brian Ryner bryner@uiuc.edu
Mon, 05 Apr 1999 12:14:17 -0500

Hi-

I reported a bug on this but I thought I'd also post here, becuause I
might try to correct this myself (and any advice would be appreciated).

Basically, when a message is sent to the admin address (i.e.
mailman-developers-admin@python.org), the envelope sender is left
untouched when the message is resent.  I don't think this is a good
idea.  If an address on the admin list is not on the local host, and the
email is not sent from the local host, then you basically have a message
from a non-local address to a non-local address, which is a no-no in
many anti-spam-relaying setups.  It would make much more sense to set
the envelope sender to the list-admin address.

--
-Brian Ryner
bryner@uiuc.edu