[Mailman-Developers] Re: [Mailman-Users] Moving Listproc lists

Gerhard Gonter gonter@maestria.wu-wien.ac.at
Sat, 17 Apr 1999 19:59:18 +0200 (MES)

According to Greg Connor:
> I did it all by hand on my system... here are the commands I used to
> transfer users, as closely as I can remember...

Thanks a lot, in the meantime I moved the subscribers of the first few
lists (100 more to go :) using a modified add_members:

  ./add_members --lp6 lists/LIST1/.subscribers list1

Only one file, add_members, had to be modified.  This maps

  ACK, NOACK  -> normal subscriptions
  DIGEST      -> digest subscriptions

and keeps the original password.  Addresses are converted to lower
case.

I will offer this version to the developers, maybe it will show up
in the next version.

Right now, POSTPONE'd entries are dropped and the CONCEAL flag is
ignored, keeping this information requires modifications in other parts
of Mailman.  I'm not sure if I'll try that, maybe not...

> Also, I had problems subbing more than 20 people at a time; all would get
> subbed, but only 20 or so would get welcome messages (containing their new
> random password).  If you think you might have this problem too, use
> something like this instead..

Hmm...  Thanks for the hint.  The sendmail logs tell me that everyone
in a list with 167 members should have received their welcome messages
by now, so this might be a bug in other versions.  The bug archive
didn't mention anything about that.  (I'm using 1.0b8, the original
add_members was pulled out of CVS yesterday.)

+gg

--
Gerhard.Gonter@wu-wien.ac.at  Fax: +43/1/31336/702  g.gonter@ieee.org
Zentrum fuer Informatikdienste, Wirtschaftsuniversitaet Wien, Austria