[Mailman-Developers] mailman does not work with exim and python 1.5.2

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@cnri.reston.va.us (Barry A. Warsaw)
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 17:35:21 -0400 (EDT)

    |         conn = smtplib.SMTP(mm_cfg.SMTPHOST)
    |         # Do the EHLO/HELO manually so we can check for DSN support
    |         if conn.ehlo() >= 400:
    |             conn.helo()

    Dragon> change it to:

    |         conn = smtplib.SMTP(mm_cfg.SMTPHOST)
    |         # Do the EHLO/HELO manually so we can check for DSN support
    |         if conn.ehlo()[0] >= 400:
    |             conn.helo()

Thanks for the patch Dragon.  I'm going to also copy Python 1.5.2's
final smtplib.py file into Mailman/pythonlib and keep the module test
hack in TrySMTPDelivery.  What this means is that Mailman will
probably be broken for Python 1.5.2 beta, but I don't think that's a
huge loss.  Comments?

-Barry