[Mailman-Developers] Bug in Mailman 1.0, newlist

Christian Tismer tismer@appliedbiometrics.com
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 13:45:31 +0200

Hi Developers,

yesterday we upgraded to Mailman 1.0 (thanks to Jimbo Titsler).
There is a new bug when creating new lists:

I tried to supply this email when creating the pyxie list:

[root@starship bin]# ./newlist
Enter the name of the list: pyxie
Enter the email of the person running the list: Sean Mc Grath
<sean@digitome.com

Initial pyxie password:
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "./newlist", line 146, in ?
    raise SystemExit(main(sys.argv))
  File "./newlist", line 93, in main
    newlist.Create(list_name, owner_mail, pw)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 720, in Create
    Utils.ValidateEmail(admin)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Utils.py", line 296, in ValidateEmail
    raise Errors.MMHostileAddress
Mailman.Errors.MMHostileAddress

This is new. In earlier versions, I was allowed to use decorated
email names. When I changed to sean@digitome.com, it worked
as expected.

ciao - chris

--