[Mailman-Developers] Re: [Mailman-Users] Usability patch: (D

Ricardo Kustner ricardo@miss-janet.com
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 20:29:51 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On 18-Aug-99 Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 18, 1999 at 01:22:40AM +0200, Ricardo Kustner wrote:
>> With all respect to the great product the "core" mailman developers have
>> created so far, i've noticed that it's not easy to get feedback from the
>> developers when you post ideas/suggestions for mailman on the list...
> In my case Harald Meland answered (a while later after I posted that the
> first time), but didn't agree with my usability arguments.
ah.. sorry, i didnt know that :)

>> i (and maybe others too?) am not really motivated in sharing the
>> changes or enhancements i make into mailman, which could be
>> useful to other people too...
> I can understand that the developers are busy.
same here... but i've never had any reactions to the suggestions i posted in
here so i kind of got the feeling that nobody took me seriously...

> It might be a nice idea to create a contrib directory for side hacks for
> Mailman. People could exchange all sort of patches and enchancements
> there.
that would be a great idea... i'm quite new to python programming (i've
experience with other languages and script languages though, including
object-orientied onces... i've never looked into python untill i wanted to make
some changes in mailman) so i don't think i'm ready to be an active developer
for mailman, however i can make small enhancements and if we had a contrib dir,
i could put them in there...

Ricardo.