[Mailman-Developers] TODO Additions

Sean Reifschneider jafo@tummy.com
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 08:35:29 -0600

I'd like to suggest the following additions to the TODO list.  As I'm also
willing to actually IMPLEMENT them, I'd also like some discussion on it as
well.  I'll probably start with some smaller tasks just so I can start
understanding how mailman thinks.

Virtual domain handling
	It would be nice to have the ability for the CGIs to list only active
	mailing lists on the host you connected to.  Ditto for adding new
	lists (especially if a web-based interface is available for doing so).
	I run the mailing lists for a local LUG, and it would be nice if they
	didn't see other mailing lists on our same server as if they were
	the LUG mailing lists.

QMail/Sendmail Sub-address Matching
	QMail lets a user manage username-whatever@example.com names.  I
	frequently use these to allow me to easily split out mailing lists.
	However, closed mailing lists don't like it if I submit from
	"username@example.com" when I'm subscribed as "username-lug@example.com".
	Sendmail does something similar, except it uses a '+'.  It would be
	nice to have the membership checking recognise this.

Overall, mailman is *REALLY* sweet.  I was considering loading Majordomo
just because it's so wide-spread, but any modifications I'd want to do,
or fixes, would have to be done in Perl.  Not if I can help it, please.  :-)

Somone was mentioning Majordomo 2 would have all this great stuff that it
looks like Mailman already has.  I'm glad I couldn't *FIND* the Majordomo 2
beta in the end.

Sean
--
 Linux:  Bring back that "greased weasel" feeling.
                 -- Sean Reifschneider, 1998