[Mailman-Developers] admin approval page / cvs

Sean Reifschneider jafo@tummy.com
Sat, 11 Dec 1999 09:17:58 -0700

On Sat, Dec 11, 1999 at 07:43:28AM -0800, J C Lawrence wrote:
>Please, no.  I need/want the message exactly as it was sent with no
>extra munging, implicit edits, ochanges in presentation etc.  This

Ok, so it should be an option...  I don't do much approval, so it
really doesn't impact me.  However, the primary information needed
when doing an approval is the *BODY*, and that's generally obscured
from the page as it is presented.  From a Human Factors POV, that's
inexcusable...

What about simply increasing the size of the edit field based on the
number of lines in the message?  That way you don't have to navigate
into the text field and scroll to see the *PRIMARY* information you
need to carry out the action.

Oh, and if you have the header and the body in one text field,
is there code to ensure that the space separating the header from
the body hasn't been accidentally removed?

Sean
--
 "I'll thrash you like a Netscape process on a machine with 640K."
                 -- John Shipman, 1998