[Mailman-Developers] admin approval page / cvs

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Sat, 11 Dec 1999 09:28:01 -0800

On Sat, 11 Dec 1999 18:24:49 +0100
Ricardo Kustner <ricardo@miss-janet.com> wrote:

> Hi, On Sat, Dec 11, 1999 at 07:14:01AM -0800, J C Lawrence wrote:

>> Agreed.  I would like to be able to edit moderated messages,
>> given that MailMan would then insert a custom header stating that
>> the message had been edited by the moderator.

> yes i saw that the textarea data isn't used when approving the
> post... the complete message is read from disk when it has been
> approved.

This is not surprising given that a single message may be several
Meg in size (and yes, some of my list posts are that big).

>> > message body... maybe the headers should be left out entirely >
>> since the subject/from is being mentioned above anyway ?  No way.
>> The headers are essential to me.

> i can understand that the headers may be very usefull sometimes...
> what if we meet half way? i just thought of the following
> solution: put the message body in a textarea... and put a select
> box on top if it that includes the headers...

This works badly when you have a large number of messages to
approve.

--
J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw@kanga.nu
----------(*)                              Other: coder@kanga.nu