[Mailman-Developers] Technical CGI question

Lalo Martins lalo@webcom.com
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 09:00:58 -0200

Hi. I'm not currently subscribed to this list, but I probably
will as soon as I get back from vacation. I'm writing a Zope
Product to interface with Mailman, for sites (like mine) that
don't do any webserving stuff outside Zope. I chose Mailman
mostly because it's Python-based, and GNU.

After the introduction... I'm at step 1, which is trying to
figure out mailman's internals, specially the CGI stuff.

What I'd like to know is, is there any good reason why you run
all your CGI interface trough a compiled wrapper, instead of
just directly running the python scripts? I found out python is
quite cool for CGI (before I found out Zope and dumped CGI
completely). And of course you know that the python path stuff
is quite easy to solve.

(Of course, please CC replies back to me. I'll be glad to
discuss arguments when I'm back, for now I only want a quick
explanation.)

[]s,
                                               |alo
                                               +----