[Mailman-Developers] Moderation comment interface change

J C Lawrence claw@under.engr.sgi.com
Mon, 08 Feb 1999 10:55:55 -0800

On 08 Feb 1999 13:08:05 +0100
Harald Meland<Harald.Meland@usit.uio.no> wrote:

> [J C Lawrence]

>> 5) MH-style archive folders, split out by archive period, instead
>> of mbox'es (message separation semantics with mbox are not
>> guaranteed).

> While MH-style archive folders could be a nice feature, I don't
> think your comment on the message separation semantics of mbox
> folders is entirely correct.

A brief perusal of the MHonArc list's archives and the regular
problems members have with message separators with MHonArc seems to
suggest otherwise.  The lack of an absolute standard (eg BNF diagram
in a recognised RFC) for mbox format really doesn't help.

<<Analysis of postfix noted, and largely agreed with>>

--
J C Lawrence                              Internet: claw@kanga.nu
(Contractor)                             Internet: coder@kanga.nu