[Mailman-Developers] CVS Tree???? - FIXED (I think)

Jeff Hahn jeffh@streek.com
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 02:30:17 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 20 Feb 1999, Jeff Hahn wrote:

> went to update my local copy
>
> No Cgi directory?
>
> Therefore empty cgi-bin directory after installation

Upon further examination, the wrapper programs failed to compile under
RedHat Linux 5.2  The problem section in common.c is:

#ifdef HAVE_SETREGID
        status = setregid(getegid(), -1);
        if (status)
                fatal(logident, "%s", strerror(errno));
#endif /* HAVE_SETREGID */

compile fails with logident undefined.

"logident" is defined in both mail-wrapper.c and cgi-wrapper.c

a statement "extern const char* logident;" added to common.h seemed to fix
the problem.

Could someone check this fix (I've just started playing with Mailman and
have ZERO familiarity with the source), and if correct, check it into the
CVS tree?

Thanks,

Jeff