[Mailman-Developers] Send digest at a specific time

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@cnri.reston.va.us (Barry A. Warsaw)
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 22:47:45 -0500 (EST)

    HB> I want the digest to be sent a specific time, eg. at midnight,
    HB> but I can't set the sent-out-time.

    HB> It would be great if I could set the max. digest size to 0,
    HB> and set a "send-time" variable to the time when I want to send
    HB> out the digests.

    HB> Any idea?

The "send-time" is controlled by the crontab entry you installed:
cron/crontab.in.  Just change the time set to run the senddigests
script.

You don't need to set digest size to 0, leave it at the size you have
so digests can be send more than once a day if your list has a lot of
traffic.  Just set digest_send_periodic to true and you'll get your
daily digests even if the size threshhold hasn't been reached.  Hit
`yes' to the question:

    Should a digest be dispatched daily when the size threshold isn't
    reached?

-Barry