[Mailman-Developers] Digests and Cron and Signals

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Fri, 08 Jan 1999 18:06:52 -0800

[ responding from the archive, so this message will be formatted
funny... ]

----INCLUDED MESSAGE----
I have upgraded mailman to the new release, 1.0b7, on my redhat 5
system.

$ uname -a
Linux jerrya 2.0.32 #4 Wed Jan 7 23:14:32 CST 1998 i486 unknown

I still receive the following message every day when the digests go out.
They are going out successfully, but this message still gets delivered.

[snip of Cron Daemon traceback...]
----INCLUDED MESSAGE----

Actually, if you run MULTIPLE lists, then your mail is NOT being
delivered. The traceback will occur on the FIRST mail list, preventing
the rest from being delivered.

I run into this EVERY day with mine and I patched my installation to
ignore the error so that digests can go out for all lists.

I put in a hack, though, to ignore it (similar to Barry's). I'm going to
try Harald's signal patch (cool!) and report back on its success. If I
stop getting my noon cron reports of failure, then we'll be golden.

Note: mine is occuring on a RedHat 5.1 system.

-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/