[Mailman-Developers] mailman & unsubs

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@cnri.reston.va.us (Barry A. Warsaw)
Sun, 18 Jul 1999 16:10:46 -0400 (EDT)

    DA> Sometimes, mailman disables my email address.  I have no doubt
    DA> that it's for a good reason. However, that reason is for a
    DA> certain group of users fairly temporary (down server).  As it
    DA> stands, I periodically find out that I've been disabled on
    DA> fairly quiet lists that I don't expect to read every day.
    DA> It'd be nice if mailman could 'ping' the email address
    DA> periodically (once a week?) to find out if the problem is
    DA> resolved.

You haven't read our TODO list have ya? :)  Okay, it's buried in there
(it's a biiiig todo list!):

*Bounce handling
- Reminders to disabled addresses.  The idea is that if an addr is
  disabled due to bouncing, we should send out periodic reminders.  We
  may want to do this for explicitly disabled addrs too, but perhaps
  with a different schedule.

-Barry