[Mailman-Developers] internationalization of Mailman

Romain GRIFFITHS widmaster@yahoo.com
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 12:21:17 -0400 (EDT)

I am french and i need to translate -at least- all the member and user
part in French. I noticed that all of the message that are not in the
templates are hard-coded into mailman. I am ready to translate the
member and user message to french but i need to know how i can do that.
We'd like the translation to be easily adapted to next versions of
mailman.

In the archive someone seem to have started i8n with GNU gettext to
spanish, i'd like to do same for french if no one has done it yet. But
i need to be sure that french translation will be compatible with next
versions of mailman.
Currently i don't see any .mo ou .mo file in mailman rc3 dist. Where
can i find the framework to implement i8n ?

PS: I need to have a quick answer because i have a deadline of 4 days
to finish the mailing-list in my society (ZDNet France).