[Mailman-Developers] Face lift for User Interface

Christopher Petrilli petrilli@amber.org
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 12:39:47 -0400

On Wed, Jul 28, 1999 at 12:18:57PM -0400, Dan Delaney wrote:
> That's correct. And even though (as someone else said) the pages would still
> work on older browsers if the style sheets are done correctly, there is
> still one major stumbling block to style sheets: the fact that they are not
> implimented completely correctly in ANY browser. I've found several problems
> with the way IE5 implements style sheets, and Netscrape's style sheet
> support is worthless. Nonetheless, I'll set up a second mockup using style
> sheets and see how it works out. I'll let you all know when it's ready.

Well, colors work fine across all browsers that I've been able to test
with.  More advanced features aren't consistent, but some things that
I've not had any real problems with:

	* Colors
	* Font size, especially relative (never use absolute)
	* Faces
	* Alignment (generally, except when nested)

Chris