[Mailman-Developers] Re: Subject Cleanup Routine

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@cnri.reston.va.us (Barry A. Warsaw)
Thu, 29 Jul 1999 18:46:33 -0400 (EDT)

    DD> Unfortunately the MUAs out there do a crappy job of this. Look
    DD> at how many messages you get with things like "Re: Fwd: RE:"
    DD> in the subject. I get a lot, and it's awefully annoying.

I agree, but trying to work around every f*cked up MUA (let alone MTA,
let alone Web browser, let alone OS) will keep us all very busy for a
very long time!  Okay, maybe I'm being extreme... :)

    DD> Anyway. What would be nice would be a radio button option in
    DD> the General Options to choose between the existing routine,
    DD> which simply checks to see if the Prefix is already present in
    DD> the subject, and a the more aggressive subject cleanup
    DD> routine.

I'm very leary about adding even more configuration options to the Web
interface.  I'd like to /simplify/ the interfaces as much as
possible.  That's the beauty of having the source though, isn't it? :)

-Barry