[Mailman-Developers] Monthly reminder sent by mailman-owner considered harmful

Troy Morrison troy@akropolys.com
Fri, 4 Jun 1999 13:29:01 -0700 (PDT)

> I understand if there's a technical reason this can't be made a personal
> preference before the release, but please consider at least making the
> installation default be to NOT send these messages, and include some kind
> of warning to the list admin about why he might not want to turn it on.

Forgive me for butting in, and please realize I'm not trying to argue the
merits of this solution, but it just occured to me that one way to solve
this might be to configure the local exploder *not* to pass along mail
from 'mailman-owner' (or whatever address the monthly reminder comes from,
I forget right now) and to instead forward it to it's local administrator.

That's how I would do it, I think.

Troy