[Mailman-Developers] config.db

Christopher Lindsey lindsey@ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 16:57:49 -0500 (CDT)

> How interesting... I did the exact same thing.  Someone sent a 1MB message
> to the list (picture attached) and I wanted to extract the picture, shrink
> it, and then let it go through (the reduced picture was 50k, and we allow
> attachments up to 100k on the list). It would have been nice if there had
> been a "forward to:" option on the managment page that would send the
> message to me. (I know, I know, that's not generally what the listadmin
> would want to do, but I thought I'd put in my $0.02).  As it was, I copied
> config.db to another file, hacked it into my mailbox, and was able to get
> at it that way, but it was kind of annoying :).

Rupa Schomaker posted a patch to forward held messages to the listowner on
May 30, 1999.  I plan on adding an option (either personally or virtually
through a co-worker :) to forward to another address entered via textbox
-- this is useful when you've got multiple admins and don't want to spam
them all with a held message.

Anyhow, Rupa's patch should be in the mailman-users archive for May, 1999.

Chris