[Mailman-Developers] change request: admin password changing

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Wed, 03 Mar 1999 11:12:25 -0800

Harald Meland wrote:

> [Greg Stein]
>
> > small change request:
> >    remove that dang password-change dialog from every screen
> >
> > I don't see a need to have it on *every* screen. It seems awfully
> > redundant, and just ends up cluttering the other screens.
>
> I agree.  I think that the change of admin password stuff belongs on
> the "General options" page, and not on _all_ the pages.
>
> However, I'm undecided in the matter of making this (site)
> configurable.

IMO, making that configurable would simply be insane.

Too much configurability is simply confusing to the user. Especially if
the configuration brings them no actual benefits. In this case, what
admin is going to say "wow. I'd be so much happier if I had that screen
on *every* page. I just use it ALL the time."  None.

> Would anyone object if I just put in a hardcoded condition on
> 'category == "general"' around the call to FormatPasswordStuff() in
> Mailman.Cgi.admin.FormatConfiguration()?

Seems like the simplest solution. If there is a template or something
you can change instead, I'd point there.

-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/