[Mailman-Developers] Re: [Mailman-Users] Re: [Mailman-Developers] Re: [Mailman-Users]Possible Fix for password lookup bug Fix for password lookup bug

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Wed, 03 Mar 1999 20:15:22 -0800

On Wed, 03 Mar 1999 11:13:00 -0600
Brian Ryner<bryner@uiuc.edu> wrote:

> Hm, I'm not so sure about that.  Allowing users to subscribe
> different capitalizations of their address (and hence receive the
> mail multiple times) seems like it's asking for a lot of mixups with
> novice users.

Do two things:

  1) Send a warning notice to the list owner.

  2) Send a notice of a possible duplicate to the subscriber.

For #2 don't quote the other address that is being subscribed, just
state the fact of.  This would be on the confirmation message or on
the ack message for unconfirmed subscriptions.

--
J C Lawrence                              Internet: claw@kanga.nu
----------(*)                            Internet: coder@kanga.nu