[Mailman-Developers] Mailman on NT

Harald Meland Harald.Meland@usit.uio.no
04 May 1999 03:23:55 +0200

[Gianni Sandrucci]

> - made some minor changes in Mailmal files configure and src/Makefile.in
>
> - after some fighting with permissions (I was forced to comment tests on
> these matters in configuration script and C source code) succeded to
>        ./configure --with-cgi-ext=.exe
>       make install (no errors reported)
[...]
> - called: http://localhost/mailman/cgi-bin/admin.exe
>
> Got an error (reported below). It seems Python is not able to locate
> Mailman modules in /home/mailman/Mailman.

I suspect that the reason python isn't finding any modules, is because
the C wrappers do some funky stuff with the environment variable
PYTHONPATH before python is exec()ed.  I have no NT experience
whatsoever, so you'll need to get someone else to confirm whether
messing with that environment variable is likely to affect Win-Python
at all.

If it is, have a look in src/common.c, and convince yourself that the
magic involving PREFIX, SCRIPTDIR, MODULEDIR, PYTHON and run_script()
works as it should.

Good luck,
--
Harald