[Mailman-Developers] GNU GIF problems - was [ANNOUNCE] Mailman 1.0rc1

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@cnri.reston.va.us (Barry A. Warsaw)
Wed, 5 May 1999 17:52:04 -0400 (EDT)

    BBT> Hi there! Since Mailman is a GNU project, won't there be
    BBT> problems if it makes heavy use of GIFs? I personally do not
    BBT> care if GIFs are used or not, but I suspect that Stallman
    BBT> will be quite displeased if Mailman itself or the Mailman
    BBT> pages at the GNU site use GIFs.

Good point.  It's not that hard to convert them to PNGs (or JPEGs?
GNU.org seems strangely silent on this) for the 1.0 release.  If
Dragon doesn't have time to do it, I'll do it before the final
release.

Thanks,
-Barry