[Mailman-Developers] Bug in archive dating in 1.0RC1

Jeff Hahn jeffh@streek.com
Sun, 16 May 1999 13:13:34 -0500

background:

list has the "Set date in archive to when the mail is claimed to have been
sent, or to the time we resend it?" set to WHEN RESENT

email message with the following headers creates an archive record in
September of 2022! NOTE: look at the second Received: line.

names and IP addresses have been "sanitized" to protect STUPID IDIOT who is
running a mail server with the date set at Fri, 2 Sep 2022

Mailman still should have ignored the date and used the date when MAILMAN
resent it (or am I wrong about that option's intent?)

I apologize for not jumping in to fix this, but I'm really pressed for the
next couple of days and I don't know how tight a schedule we are on for the
release candidates...

-Jeff