[Mailman-Developers] another "mailman" product...

Harald Meland Harald.Meland@usit.uio.no
22 May 1999 16:18:57 +0200

[Jerry Adlersfluegel]

> I was going through some stuff on freshmeat, and I found another
> program named "mailman." I don't know if this has been discussed
> here before, but I thought I should point it out.
>
> http://www.endymion.com/products/mailman/

It's been brought up before, and each time the conclusion has been
that since the functionality provided by these two software packages
differs quite a bit, there a) hopefully won't be too much confusion
and b) is no reason to fear lawsuits over the name.

And, they apparently camelcase their name (MailMan) while we
capitalize ours (Mailman) ;)
--
Harald