[Mailman-Developers] ABEND: problem with sync_members command

Richard Ellerbrock richarde@eskom.co.za
Tue, 09 Nov 1999 09:09:45 +0200

Ok, I have found the problem. The check routines that validate an e-mail address does not pick up addresses with spaces in them. Thus, the following will cause an ABEND:

richarde. test@eskom.co.za

Easy to reproduce. It must be in the code that checks e-mail addresses against a regular expression.

Well, I doubt that it will be fixed as I submitted a patch against sync_members to allow getting input from stdio as stated in the help for the command. Nothing as yet.

Is anything happening with mailman development?

--
Richard Ellerbrock
richarde@eskom.co.za

On Mon, Nov 08, 1999 at 03:44:59PM +0200, Richard Ellerbrock wrote:
>This is with Mailman 1.1 freshly downloaded. sync_members does not
>complain about any invalid addresses. The number of addresses that I
>want to sync are over 3000! Could this be a problem?

I don't know, but last week I created a new list and freshly inserted over
3000 addresses into it with no problems.

Sean
--
 "Engineering Tablets?  Does that mean if I swallow one, I'll be an engineer?"
                 -- Evelyn Mitchell