[Mailman-Developers] Changes working, and list moved

bwarsaw@python.org bwarsaw@python.org
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 15:16:07 -0500 (EST)

Hey folks, the purpose of this message is twofold.  First, it's to let
you know that I feel pretty confident about the new changes, at least
insofar as they system seems to be working pretty well.  I don't yet
know what impact, if any there will be on performance.

Second, I've moved this mailing list to our new server so at least it
should /seem/ faster (the new one is an Ultra2, the old one is a
Sparc5).  I'll be keeping an eye on this list over the next couple of
days to make sure the new version is working properly.  If so, then
I'll probably start moving all the existing python.org mailing lists
over to it (once I've verified our sysadmins are actually backing up
the Ultra2).

So you guys are the guinea pigs for the new changes.  You should not
notice any differences; the email addresses are unchanged, as are the
URLs.  You'll notice the new hostname leak in a couple of places
(e.g. as URLs for the Mailman logo and the public archives), but those
aren't important enough to fix at the moment.

If you notice /anything/ strange going on, first try to email this
list.  If you suspect that the messages aren't getting through, email
me directly at bwarsaw@python.org.

Okay, have fun!
-Barry