[Mailman-Developers] Re: optimizing mail delivery

The Dragon De Monsyne dragondm@integral.org
Sat, 27 Nov 1999 04:36:55 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 26 Nov 1999, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

>     Dragon> 	In my own highly-hacked version of mailman that I use,
>     Dragon> I do this.  Mailman simply drops outgoing messages into
>     Dragon> the queue directory. A background daemon de-queues the
>     Dragon> messages and pumps them to the local MTA via SMTP. A
>     Dragon> cronjob checks the daemon periodically, and starts it if
>     Dragon> is falls over. All very simple, and has worked very
>     Dragon> reliably for me for several months.
>
> This would make a nice addition to Mailman, and probably wouldn't be
> hard to port to the new message pipeline model.  How'd you like to
> look into that?

	Sure! I'd be happy to. Probably not today, as I have a rather bad
case of the flu, and right at the moment sitting upright for any length
of time is rewarded with nausea and a blinding headache :P,  but mebbe on
sunday I'll be up to it & I'll pull the CVS and see what I can do. It
should  be fairly simple to port.

PS: good job for doing this cleanup, this is something that's been needed
for awhile.

	-The Dragon De Monsyne