[Mailman-Developers] no passord on subscription page ... and others

claw@kanga.nu claw@kanga.nu
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 12:20:34 -0800

On Mon, 29 Nov 1999 12:17:12 +0100 (MET)
Fil  <fil@bok.net> wrote:

> it seems to me that to request a password from the subscribing
> page is confusing, overkill, and useless... when you can generate
> the password on the fly for the user.

Many users like to control their passwords and so wish to select
them themselves (usually so that they can use the same password in
many places, but that's another matter).  Using this patch forces
such users to subscribe, confirm their subscription and _then_ go
log in with their assigned password to change it to their
preference.

I don't see the point in being that righteous about what other
people use for their passwords.

--
J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw@kanga.nu
----------(*)                              Other: coder@kanga.nu